Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gluten Free Mexican Seasoning (and Taco Seasoning)

I am on a bulk cooking kick right now, so making large amounts of seasoning mixes fits right in with my theme.  My family loves Mexican food.  We eat a ton of beans, rice, tacos, chili, etc.  This seasoning mix works well for any and all Mexican food that I make.  We add it to our rice and beans and just about anything you can imagine.  This will make a bulk batch. 

GF Mexican Seasoning Mix
3/4 c. chili powder
1 c. paprika
1/2 c. cumin
1/4 c. sea salt
1/2 c. onion powder
1/2 c. + 2 Tbs. garlic powder

When I make tacos, I brown and drain the meat (say 2 pounds).  Then I whisk 1-2 Tbs. sweet rice flour in a cup of hot water.  I stir that into the meat, then add 4-5 Tbs. (depends on how flavorful I want it) of seasoning and mix well.  Simmer until thickened.  If you like it more saucy, you can add a little more water and sweet rice flour.

No comments: