Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beautiful Luncheon Today

Some lovely friends of mine put on a beautiful ladies' luncheon at the house for all the ladies in our church, today.  It was so wonderful.  They did so much work, and everyone had a great time.  What really impressed me, though, was that these two ladies made all the food themselves.  Not only that, but they made some gluten-free foods with me in mind!  They had never made anything gluten-free before, but they ventured out of their comfort zone just to make me feel comfortable.  I offered to bring something, but they insisted on doing it all themselves.  I so appreciate that!  It was such a lovely day! 

I should have taken pictures, but I forgot to take my camera.  Otherwise, I could show you the gluten-free pasta salad made with Tinkyada pasta, the Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Brownies, a lovely chicken salad, gluten-free crackers, and a delicious salad made with broccoli, onions, bacon, raisins, and vinegar.  Everything was so delicious.  Not only was all of this gluten-free, but they took care to keep it dairy-free as well, knowing that I have trouble with both dairy and gluten.  Thank you so much! :-)

No comments: