Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vanilla Chia Pudding (DF)

Thursdays are usually my busiest days, and today was no exception.  I got up early and had to run to help at our local food co-op this morning.  I didn't have much time for breakfast, just enough time to through together this Vanilla Chia Pudding.  I loved the Snickerdoodle Chia Pudding so much I decided to try vanilla, and it is so easy to make.  I just made it in one of those Pyrex dishes with a lid and took it with me to eat when I felt hungry.  Averie also makes several great chia seed puddings and recipes that spurred my interest in trying it.  My recipe is similar to hers but with different sweetener since I don't like agave.

Vanilla Chia Pudding 

2 Tbs. chia seeds
1/2 c. sweetened vanilla almond milk*
NuNaturals Alcohol Free Vanilla Stevia to taste

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 1/2 hour.  You can put in fridge or eat now.  Enjoy!  Note:  The longer you let it sit, the thicker it will get.  I usually make this pudding at night and refrigerate it until breakfast the next morning.  I love eating chia pudding for breakfast!

*This makes a pretty thick pudding.  I usually add an extra tablespoon or so of the almond milk to make it a little "softer set."  Also, you can use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and use the vanilla stevia or some regular stevia and a little vanilla to sweeten and flavor it.  To make this raw, you can use any homemade nut milk you would like. 

No comments: